A more compact, lighter version of our versatile ATC-Guide, the ATC-Alpine Guide is built for smash and grab ascents in the mountains. At just 73 grams, this featherweight belay/rappel device is optimized for ropes between 8.1 and 8.5 millimeters in diameter yet works with ropes from 6.9 to 9mm. The oval-ized anchor-hole allows for easy feeding and pulling of rope, and the device’s guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor. Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling.
- Ultralight and compact at 73 grams
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Auto-block release hole accepts small carabiners
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Guide mode works with one or two ropes